We are a unique bunch that like high reps, high weights, and high intensity. So why not 40 cloves of garlic, right!? We have all bought that ginormous bag of pre-peeled garlic from Costco thinking we will use it up, but did we? Did we really!? Well, with this recipe you can make one hell of an effort to get rid of it.
Lately, I’ve been turned onto the NomNomPaleo site. It is full of really good ideas for both meatatarians and vegetarians alike. Paleo is all the rage but that’s not why I eat it. I eat it because it’s typically quick and easy. This original recipe came from Ina Gerten, but NomNomPaleo modified it slightly and I modified it again. I would like to say it’s due to my rad cooking skills but that would be a LIE! It’s mainly due to the fact that I’m lazy and I can’t get the ingredients in the house. I would rather do 100 burpees than take 3 kids grocery shopping…work with me here, folks.
Here are the ingredients:
- 40 cloves of pre-peeled garlic
- 8 chicken thighs (I removed the bone)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Cognac (I used Brandy)
- 1 ½ cups dry white wine (I’m a mom. There is always box wine in the fridge!)
- 2 tablespoons of Thyme (fresh is better, but I haven’t gotten that in the garden yet!)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (I used 1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp milk)
Instructions from the NomNomPaleo:
Serve it with some broccoli or other awesome greens and BAM!….Dinner!
Sally’s Dinner Dance Party Playlist:
- Just Dance – Lady Gaga
- Disturbia – Rhianna
- California Gurls – Katy Perry feat. Snoop Dogg
- Don’t Stop the Party – Pitbull feat. TJR
- California Love – Tupac
- Please Don’ Go – Mike Posner
- Blow Me (One Last Kiss) – Pink
- Clarity – Zedd
- Love Somebody – Maroon 5